Before starting update, we recommend any USB harddrives or SSDs be properly ejected and unplugged from Stone. Please follow each step of the update procedure.
- Run updater executable as Administrator.
- Remove any miniDP cables or adapters connected to Stone.
- Power cycle Stone, by pulling the power cord and replacing it.
- In Parallels, from the Menu Bar > Devices > External Devices, select the "Henge Docks Stone" (yours may not have a number like the image below).
- The DOCK Firmware Update Tool should recognize Stone, Click the "Run ISP" to start the update.
- NOTE: Do not disconnect the power during this process.
- The update takes several minutes. If the updater tool stops on the following screen (bottom bar at 50%), pull the USB-C cable from your MacBook, wait several seconds, replace the cable.
- When installation completes. The progress bar will say 100% and the status screen will say update completed. Click Exit
- At this point you need to remove Stone from parallels. In the top bar, click Device > External Devices > and unclick Henge Docks Stone
- Power cycle Stone by removing the USB-C and the Power cables from Stone, and replacing in this order:
- USB-C to computer
- mini DP
- Everything else
Problems or Issues
In event of failure to update, tool crashes or hangs, or cables becoming unplugged, close the updater tool and start at Step 1 of the procedure above. If you run into problems, please contact support.